Porter's swim lessons on 5/4 were a bit different because someone had thrown up in the kid pool. So, he was in the big pool, on a platform with a substitute instructor. He did great! I was paranoid that he would get excited and step off the platform edge. He does bounce around a lot in swim lessons, but fortunately he stayed on.
David and Porter sleeping in their homemade tent. These two are best buds.
Testing out the bikes at REI. Notice he selected the bright pink one. He is comfortable with his masculinity.
The other night we were working in the yard, pulling up weeds and planting stuff. It had started raining or was muddy from rain. I'd gone inside to get Jonas ready for bed and get some other stuff done. Porter ventured inside by himself to get a drink. I came into the kitchen to find this. This is why we have a rule... NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE. It's easier to have kids take them off then to determine if they are going to track stuff through the house or not.
Porter is in the process of dropping his nap. I tell him he doesn't have to sleep, but he does have to have quiet time. He generally still falls asleep, just a lot later than he should so then he still can't go to bed at night. This day was no exception. He'd come in to my room to ask me for a blanket. Shortly later I notice that it's awfully quiet. Generally when he's playing, you can hear him talking. I came out to find him like this. Tuckered out.
Porter designed his own auto mechanic shop with a little help from me, Dad and Uncle Randall. Pretty cool.
We went up to Chuch Fork site again with friends and played. It was pretty chilly today so we didn't stay as long. But, Jonas sure had a blast chasing around the dog.
More T-ball. Porter is definitely improving, but still much prefers the snacks at the end of the game.
9 weeks pregnant (5/12). I'm pretty sure I've gain 8-10 lbs and feel like I look much further along than I am. I'm hoping the weight gain subsides a bit or I'm going to be huge.
We played over at our neighbor's the other day. They had their pool up and the weather was warm. It was fun to hang out chatting and watching the kids play. I love when the neighbors all gather together in the front yard.
Jonas found this little friend at Wal-mart and had to carry him around with us throughout the store. It was pretty sweet.
Ash came up for the weekend and it is always fun to have her around. The boys use her as their transportation.
Ash and the boys letting us know they are okay. David had a conference in Park City 5/13-5/15, so I joined him Friday night. We met up with some friends from Oregon (Amy McCammond and Laurie Armsby) and then a bunch of other people from the conference for dinner in downtown Park City. I ended up staying the night in David's hotel room and then heading back in the morning. Ashley may be one of the only people that Jonas will stay with, so I was glad she was around.
The view from the hotel room at the Grand Summit in Park City. Amazing. I wish I could have brought the boys up and gone swimming.
Learning how to take a selfie. Not too bad. The other day he was practicing using a point and shoot camera and he actually looked like a natural. His stance, the way he held the camera, etc.
Porter's last T-ball game of the season was Saturday, 5/14. It was hot and he was tired. He actually walked between some of the bases and really was not that into the game. But, he was proud to get a trophy at the end. I'm glad he did T-ball. It was a fun little sport. And he went from hitting the ball and running to get his own ball to hitting the ball and running to first base. He used to also run more towards second base than first. Improvements were made.
Porter loves to bear his testimony. He cleared off the table so he had a "podium". He also asked if he could give a prayer and then proceeded to give one. It was pretty funny, though David had to tell him we don't give pretend prayers.
At the middle school down the street from our house they had goats behind an electric fence eating all the grass. Of course the boys loved it even if they both got shocked from touching the fence.
Porter made his own sandwich, Turkey, Cheese and Mayo the other day. He did a fantastic job. He has got it down. He even put all of the food away when he was done using it.
This guy walks by our house every morning when he takes his kids to school. He also always has his dogs with him. He has stopped by before to let the boys play with the dogs and today he had a new itty bitty dog. The boys loved it. They would chase that scared little puppy all over and pick it up. It was the perfect size for Jonas and he picked it up all by himself. I was too slow to get a picture though. (5/16)
I took the boys to the zoo. Here we are riding the train. It was another cool day and I'm hoping to enjoy as much outside time as we can before it gets so hot and I won't want to be out there. (5/16)
We also took a family run this morning. David pushing a stroller still runs faster than me:). I ran about two miles with them before they headed home and I continued on.
No comments:
Post a Comment