Two weeks ago I decided to sign up for a half marathon in our area. I kept seeing signs for it and figured I might as well sign up. The race was a course I have run most of before and was familiar with, plus I didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn. That's always a bonus.
Prior to the race I ran two 11 milers just to make sure I was up for the challenge and I ran fine.
The morning of the race I had the normal anxious excitement. All the boys drove me to the start line and it was so fun to have them there.
The beginning 4+ miles are mostly uphill with some steeper sections, so I was a little nervous and didn't want to start out too fast. I felt great those beginnings miles and realized hindsight I probably could have pushed a little harder. I was hoping to run at least 1:50, but I didn't make it. I'm still happy with my results and was just glad to have been able to run.
Now I want to run more races!!!
Time: 1:52:35


No comments:
Post a Comment