Unfortunately right before heading back from down, Porter threw Max's stick down the creek. So, I gave Porter's stick to Max. That caused a cosmic breakdown from Porter. I know he was tired, so that never helps the situation. But, seriously. He cried, threw a tantrum for about the next 20 min+. Fortunately I did get him to at least eventually start walking while crying so we could get down. No replacement stick would do, he wanted his. I eventually was able to start distracting him for short periods until he remembered that stick that had been ripped from his life. I had previously told everyone else to go ahead while he had his melt down, and we did catch back up with Alli and her kids. Porter got his new stick and all was well. The boys had fun the rest of the way home. When we got home we all crashed for great naps. Porter was actually asleep before we made it home. I read for a bit, but it felt so good to sleep.








No comments:
Post a Comment