Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Porter's Kindergarten Spring Performance (5/7/19)

This morning I watched several kids.  Denali came over like she always does every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday am before school.  Then I watched the Kirry kids from 8 am until 10 am.  And I watched Connor Wible from 9am until about 12:30pm.  I am so grateful that people feel comfortable to reach out to me to watch their kids.  It is something I love to do and that I can do for others.

I wasn't originally supposed to watch the Kirry kids, but Collyn texted me this am around 6:30am.  I debated briefly about if I should do it because I knew if I said yes, I would be forfeiting my time at the gym.  I know this seems like a selfish want/need, but working out is part of my daily life.  It helps with my sanity and feeling healthy.  I have been trying to be more deliberate in not being so selfish.  Still addressing my needs, but being willing to by pass my needs some days for others.  Also, I have been trying to much more flexible with my working out and not letting my self get upset if I don't get to run.  It's not perfect, but I am getting better.

Porter had his kindergarten spring performance today.  I was wondering if it would be a repeat of his last performance where he literally didn't sing a word of any of the songs, performed no actions and looked like he was mad the entire time.  I'm pleased to say it was not a repeat.  He did fantastic.  He sang all the words, performed actions to the songs and dance his part.  Even his speaking part was loud and clear.  There was a lot of effort and hard work put into the program today and it was fun to watch.

After the performance we had the chance to talk to Mrs. Ward about Porter and whether or not we should transfer him to Hawthorne next year for their ELP program.  I guess him and his friend Scotty were the only two kindergartens who were asked to test for the program.  Scotty is his favorite friend at school so it's making sense to me why he connects with him.  It must be that Scotty has the intellectual level that he appreciates or relates with.  David and I did allow the district to come test Porter again, so now I need to follow up with the district to see what they recommend.  We love Beacon and we love the convenience of it to our home.  If Porter were to go to another school, we'd have to drive him to/from daily and it would definitely create a new dynamic.  I'm definitely leaning towards leaving him at Beacon, but we'll see.


No comments: