Church at home these days is usually really simple. We have the sacrament and then we someone shares a short talk or thought. Sometimes we sing, but not always. Today Porter shared in Mosiah 24 about Alma and his people being in bondage to Amulon and the Lamanites. We talked about bondage, our burdens being made light and deliverance. But the most interesting part of our talk was the thoughts and questions that Jonas had. He is always wondering how he can know if Heavenly Father is real and how he can know if Heavenly Father answers his prayers. He knows that the spirit can tell us, but I don't know if he has recognized when the spirit tells him. Today as we spoke, I felt a sweet spirit. We talked about faith and a testimony. David asked if he knew what a testimony was and he said, "You've said that word a lot but I don't know what it means."
He is so tender and sincere.
Porter said he knows Heavenly Father is real, but then he said what would happen if he wasn't. Would there be nothing after this life?
These conversations are the most precious and faith building. We want our kids to be able to ask these questions and we can figure out where they are at with their testimony. We love them and I hope they do recognize the spirit testifying to them.
No comments:
Post a Comment