Porter gave his first primary talk. He was so excited. We talked about it earlier in the week and wrote it out together. He picked the stories he wanted to tell and we added a scripture. The best part was, when we were working on the scripture helping him memorize it little did we know that he already knew the scripture by memory. David and I were both in shock. He said he had learned it from the Nephi movie. When he gave his talk, he did not like one scripture that I added in. And he kept putting up his hand to make me stop saying it. I thought he was getting embarrassed because then he ducked down behind the podium. Other than that he did a great job.
His talk:
Today I am going to talk about how we are blessed when we choose the right. Nephi is a great example of someone who was blessed for choosing the right. He was commanded to return to Jerusalem to get the brass plates from Laban. His brothers Laman and Lemuel complained and thought it was to hard, but Nephi chose the right and did not complain.
His dad, Lehi, told him in 1 Nephi 3:6, "thou shalt be favored of the Lord because thou hast not murmured." In 1 Nephi 3:7 it reads, "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."
Nephi was protected hen he was obedient. When I choose the right, I feel good. One time my little brother said something mean to me and I chose the right by not saying something mean back. I was blessed and my mom was proud of me.
I know Heavenly Father blesses us when we choose the right. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
The best part of when he gave his talk is that he had most of it memorized. He didn't say it verbatim, but he knew where things went and he delivered the message he prepared. When it got to the part where he told the story about him and Jonas, he decided to say the mean thing Jonas said rather than just say he said a mean thing. He said, "Jonas told me to shut up....". It was kind of funny.
The week before that he gave the scripture in primary for a kid that was not there. And when I went to go help him read it he put his hand up and said, ". I got this mama." What did he have? He did not know the scripture and he can't read yet. It was pretty funny though.
We are proud of Porter. He is growing up and I love how much he enjoys reading the scriptures and learning the stories in the scriptures. I know the spirit is teaching him.
No comments:
Post a Comment