Lately I have been feeling so much joy and love for my family. This week I took the boys to storytime at the library and watching them listen and interact and get involved overwhelms me with joy. I love this age that they are in. And that I get to spend so much time with them every day. Their personalities are so big and so individual. I also loved getting to snuggle and hold Mason. It's amazing how much you can love someone so much that has only been a part of your life for such a short time. He smiles in response to me and has started cooing. He is getting so big. He is definitely my biggest baby so far. Both Porter and Jonas love him to pieces.
Porter is in Primary now. He loves Primary. He sits at the front with the Sunbeams and raises his hand constantly to answer a question or ask a question or tell them something he knows. Today I was conducting in Primary and we had the wrong information for who was giving the scripture. So, I asked Porter if he would give it. He proudly walked up and sat on the front chair waiting his turn. When it was his turn he walked to the mic and when I went to help him he said, "I got this." I had to tell him, no you don't have this. You don't know the scripture that we are supposed to be reading and he doesn't know how to read yet. It was pretty funny though. I love that he is not scared at all and eager to do it.
Ashley was teaching a lesson on joy this Sunday in her ward and she had me read her lesson notes yesterday. I got to read a lot of scriptures that talked about joy and I was reminded that we are put here on earth to have joy and that is what God wants for each of us. And the way to Joy is through our Savior. When I feel the spirit I feel love. Today during sacrament meeting there were a few references to joy that comes because of our Savior. I feel like it was a reminder to me again of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment