Saturday, October 23, 2010

Welcome to Oregon

David's brother Matt and his wife Danielle came to visit us. Neither had ever been to Portland, so we wrote down a list of places to take them. To my surprise and pleasure Matt said he had heard about the Tillamook Cheese Factory and was interested in visiting. I have been dying to go there and was getting to the point where I was considering taking a day trip by myself, but once Matt said he wanted to go, that sealed the deal, we were going. Really I wanted to go because they make DELICIOUS ice cream and they have all the flavors including those not regularly sold in the stores.

The factory was fun and it was fascinating to see how they package the cheese, and how much is wasted. I hope the factory workers get paid decent because their job looks a little boring and monotonous.


This look fits David too well.


Pretend fulfilling a life long dream. Weird, I know.

We got to sample lots of cheese (including the squeaky cheese which you must try if you haven't) and then we came to the end, the ice cream. I was almost in heaven. I got Sticky Bun and White Licorice. Yum, yum.

After the factory we headed over to Cape Meares. It was a stormy day and I felt like we were in a hurricane, so David and I had to take a little video. I think we might have freezed Danielle out because that was the end of our Portland outdoor adventures during their visit.






No comments: