Today Jonas was baptized. He has been so excited and watching him prepare over these last few months has been really sweet. He earnestly desired to follow the Savior and prepare for the covenant he'd be making and the ordinance he'd be receiving.
You could see his gifts of tenderness, thoughtfulness, ability to be a friend and seek after reverent things.
A couple of weeks ago we talked about what name/title of Christ is our personal favorite. Jonas picked the same one as me. The Prince of Peace. Jonas said he loves this title because he wants to feel peace. When you know Jonas, you can see this and feel it.
Yesterday Jonas and I were able to go on a breakfast date. It is fun to chat and hear all the funny opinions he has. We went to Waffle Love.
Before the baptism when the font was filled and before the doors were closed Brooks said, "I want to go in there! I can swim by myself."
Then during the baptism as they opened the doors to the font he started banging on the glass and saying, "I want to be baptized. I'm going to break the glass."
During Brooks' sleep he said, "I don't want eggs! I want candy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment