When he wasn't busy "working", he took time to play with Jonas.
And I do mean "play". I left the room to hang up a picture and came back to this.
Jonas was a great sport. He realized Porter was just honing his taping skills.
Then at bedtime Porter must have worked himself sick because he ended up ill. He came up from his room complaining of a sore tummy. He threw up twice. Then he just wanted to sit in my lap on the kitchen floor drinking "bitey" lemonade soda (Sierra Mist). We sat there for awhile until I kind of freaked out when he started slurring his words and his eyes were rolling back in his head. I had David check him out and he decided it was fine to watch him and that he just might be really tired and have a virus. Finally around 11pm he fell asleep in my bed after another episode of throwing up. He woke up every so often to throw up. Unfortunately he said "No way" to throwing up in a bowl and ended up mostly throwing up on the bed. Our bed was covered with towels just in case. Poor little man was not himself. But he did keep drinking and we made it through the night. It was exhausting manning a sick child and a newborn. David tried to help out, but he has to work in the hospital this week, so he had to get sleep, keep from getting sick and he can't breastfeed:).
Porter was so not himself. He would give one word answers but I knew he was coming around when he was bargaining for more medicine and he started jabbering around 3am.
He wasn't quite himself yesterday because he wasn't back to eating and he had diarrhea, but that did not stop him from playing hard. Oh, and he took a 4 hour nap!





No comments:
Post a Comment