Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a pretty low key day together.  David and Porter decorated a tree for me while Jonas and I made a breakfast of red heart pancakes and eggs.





The weather was beautiful so I took a run and tested out pushing Porter in a jogging stroller.  Wow!  That's hard work getting him up the hills around here.  It's definitely going to take me some time to build up.  But, hopefully it'll make me a stronger runner and be something Porter and Jonas will enjoy too.

We had Stake Conference in the evening, so we went out to dinner with friends and then to Stake Conference.  They discussed the need to hold a family council and to hasten the work.  There was a quote referenced from Elder Maxwell in regards to fellow shipping about providing "organized love".  They also showed a video representing a family going about their lives providing simple acts of service and friendship along the way.  These acts led to friends and acquaintances being taught the gospel and eventually baptized.  It was a reminder of loving others and just being a true friend and neighbor.  Missionary work is not something that requires overwhelming efforts or extreme measures, it is the day to day acts of kindness, being aware of the needs around us and reaching out lovingly without expectation.  We can all perform this work.  I see it done by others all the time and know I can do it too. It's not being too busy to serve.  I was so grateful for this reminder.




No comments: