Saturday, January 5, 2013

There are no ordinary people.

This morning while reading a conference talk, I found the following quote by C.S. Lewis that struck me:
“It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you can talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship. There are no ordinary people. Your neighbor is the holiest object presented to your senses” (“The Weight of Glory,” in Screwtape Proposes a Toast and Other Pieces [1974], 109–10).

In the past David shared with me something that a mentor at work had told him...If you give people a chance and wait long enough, people will impress you.  
I think too often we (me) are quick to make judgements or assessments of people before we have taken the time to see them for who they really are.  I loved this quote that gave me perspective on each of the individuals I meet everyday.  There is true greatness among us and divinity within each of us. My hope is that going forward I will see the unordinary all around me.


 

No comments: