Wednesday, July 8, 2009
The job hunt continues....
I am pleased to say that there are tons of open positions that would work for me since I am not supporting a family and don't have to be as concerned about the actual salary of the position. So far I have applied for 12 jobs, signed up with one temp agency, attended one networking group and spent hours revamping my resume and cover letter to fit each specific job I am applying for. Now the only problems are making myself look that much better than all the other applicants and trying to get one on one face time with the employer. All of these jobs are in fields such as medical, non-profit and education that I have never worked in before, but hope to venture into. That makes for a little bit of an uphill battle applying against more qualified applicants, but I know I can do the jobs. It is all about NETWORKING. Luckily I am feeling better about things this week and I feel like I am putting in good effort and I will be blessed for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It can be so frustrating job hunting. Good luck! I am sure you will find something, it just takes time.
That's what Damien has been having problems with- getting call backs due to his "entry-level" position. Good luck and keep us posted!
Hang in there girl....you are amazing and everything will come together soon....it is a blessing that you are moving on to better things. Love ya girl.
Post a Comment