Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another Portland Treasure

Before we moved here everyone told us that we had to see the Rose Gardens. I am wondering why no one was telling us about the Rhododendron Gardens. They are so much better. Last week David took another day off work, YEAH, and we went to the temple and then to the Rhododendron Gardens. There are a couple of ponds/lakes throughout the garden and multiple little trails that weave around the park. It is peaceful and not nearly as busy as the Rose Gardens. We didn't get to see all the Rhododendrons in bloom, but it didn't even matter, the rest of the landscape was beautiful.

My pathetic attempt at a photo of us.


There were squirrels all over the place and I was surprised by how close they would let us get to them. It was fun to sit and watch them rummage through the leaves for food and then nibble at the nuts they found.


I love how ducks flip upside down and stick their butts in the air. I guess I'm easily amused, but I had to get a photo of it.



We have added this to our list of places to show our Portland visitors.

No comments: