Sunday, February 13, 2022

David's New Calling (2/6/2022)

Today David was put in as the Stake President of the Foothill Stake.  He was called yesterday and it was announced today.  We met with Elder Kevin Pearson and Elder Pepper Murray, area seventy.  They were both fantastic and so loving and wise. They offered great council.

People ask how we are doing and people seem to feel bad for me.  I honestly don't feel bad or overwhelmed.  His calling as the Bishop has been a blessing to our family.  He has loved serving and I have loved being able to support him and allow him to serve and love the members of our ward.  We love our ward and are so blessed to be able to take care of our brothers and sisters.

David called Jason Perry and Craig Jacobsen as his counselors.
David also gave me a blessing tonight. The blessing included these thoughts. That heavenly father will show me who I am.  That as I make the time to study, make it a priority above other things and cut out those things that are taking place of it so that during my study it will become clear who I am.   I may know what I need to do with the boys.  Also, that I may take compliments and be calm inside when people give them. That I will see my gifts and use them to listen and serve. The blessing included the ability to help Brooks sleep better.
My dad was able to stand in during the blessing.  I love that he was here for that and that my parents were here the past two weeks to help us transition to a family of 5, that they got to spend so much time with our kids and be here for David's sustaining.

No comments: