During church today, Ray Wagstaff gave a talk on family history work. I wish I had written down my thoughts while listening because I was really inspired. There was no guilt trip about how much you've done or not done, it was a beautiful talk of encouragement and excitement for the work. I realize that I waste a lot of time doing things that are not productive. My time could be filled with work like this that is meaningful and necessary. So here's to trying harder to work on family history. And, some of this family history work begins with me working on my own journal. He spoke about his family and their experience during the Influenza outbreak in the early 1900's. He said there were no records of their experiences and he wished there were.
We are currently going through a pandemic and I hope that my children and future generations will be able to look back and understand or see a picture of our experience.
To be honest, I have not hated the pandemic the same way that others have. Has it been a long and I hope for no more mask wearing and a little more freedom to move about, return to gathering both in our home and at church. Of course. But, overall I have loved not feeling the need to fill up my day going places. I am a homebody. I like to go out and see things and try new things, but sometimes taking all 4 of the boys is overwhelming, especially if there is a meltdown, so staying home has been nice. I prefer a slower pace of life. I like to enjoy sitting outside, talking with neighbors or friends that pass by, playing with the boys or listening to the sounds of the boys playing together or with friends outside. I enjoy having David home a lot more and so do the boys. Playing a more active role in the boys education has been challenging at times, but overall I love that I get to see what they are learning and help with projects or assignments that might have normally been done in class. I love that during all this we got chickens and we are learning so much about chickens and caring for them. I loved that we are prepared to worship at home together as a family.
The biggest thing I have not enjoyed about the pandemic is how it has divided people and there is suffering whether it be financially, emotionally or physically. Personally we have been blessed to not have personal suffering specifically related to the pandemic, but I know there are many that do. I wish that myself and others could be better and respecting one another and our personal views about the pandemic and how we are handling things. It has been interesting to see how Satan has used so many things this past year to divide and anger us against each other. We've seen it was we watch varying opinions about the pandemic and the handling of issues related to it. We've seen it through the rioting. We've seen it through the election. I hope for a more concerted effort to be peacemakers and unifiers.
No comments:
Post a Comment