Tonight David gave myself and Jonas and Porter blessings for this upcoming school year. I recorded the boy's blessings, but I did not record mine, so hopefully I can remember things that stood out to me that I need to remember.
set boundaries with the boys. as i set boundaries, their love and respect will grow.
be a missionary. act upon the promptings I receive quickly and exactly. (Today I received a prompting to give Heather Polikoff a copy of the Book of Mormon along with the Book of Mormon Come Follow Me manual.)
remember that Christ cleanses us completely. give over those parts of my spirit and myself that I am holding back.
use my gift to listen and realize that those that stop by are not by coincidence. Give a space to listen to them and teach my boys to give me the space to do this.
prioritize school and our day with the boys. take time throughout the day to stop and re-prioritize as needed.
this is a tender time to have these boys in our home. Jonas starting kindergarten at home will help him to learn structure and will help Mason to learn structure also and will give Mason a friend.
Porter needs to learn that he is part of a family and this is important.
My faith is tender, pure and solid.
Be open with my passions and excitement with David and my friends.
It was a very sweet, tender blessing for myself and the boy's blessings were also sweet. I have loved listening to blessings lately. It really is a glimpse into their soul and their divine personality. And, I always coming away knowing that God is aware of us as individuals and that he loves us deeply and knows us intimately.
No comments:
Post a Comment