Thursday, December 24, 2015

Surprise AZ Christmas (12/24/15-12/28/15)

We took a surprise trip to AZ for Christmas.  We drive in Christmas Eve 45 min before the Tryon Family Christmas party.  During the party Santa came and the kids took part in the nativity.  Porter wasn't really interested in seeing Santa.  I asked him what part he wanted to play in the nativity.  He chose a wiseman.  While all the other kids were going to see Santa, Porter wanted to get dressed up as a wiseman.  Aunt Peggy was dressing him up and they were chatting. I went over to see if Peggy was telling Porter what he needed to do.  Peggy said no.  She said Porter was not interested in going to see Santa and that he said he wanted to see the baby Jesus and bring him a gift.  He was so much more excited to see Jesus.  I love that sweet boy.  He melts my heart.  Then during the nativity he was so proud to bring his gift to baby Jesus and while on the stage he was really trying to open the gift.  It was funny.  He was focused.

We also had a nice dinner with just the adults.  It was our gift to everyone.  David and I made the dinner and bought some tamales.  I think everyone has a good time.  There was laughing and talking.











This is what happens when Porter tries to skip his nap... He just can't make it.


He loved his new game, Don't Eat Pete.


He spent at least an hour singing into his new microphone.


Clint brought his dog by and the boys loved him, especially Jonas.  He was giddy.

Family dinner with just the adults and Sami.  She was our helper.

So tired at church.


Heading home.  In the hotel in St George.  I got to do initiatories in the St George Temple.  It was wonderful.


Enjoying a few Oreos.

It was a fun trip to AZ.  Jonas got to celebrate his first Christmas.  We sure love our boys and our extended family.




No comments: