Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Busy Boys

We spend lots of time talking about trucks, going to construction sites and reading books about trucks.  There was some work being done around the block, so we packed up our lunch and enjoyed a picnic while we watched the workers.

The pool has been filled up almost everyday.  With our shady backyard, spending time outdoors is so relaxing and peaceful...and it is so cool it's really enjoyable.

And we still enjoy Popsicles almost everyday.

Kenny and the fam flew in Sunday.  Porter was so excited to have cousins come over.  He immediately put Sophie and Jackson to work. Sophie said, "Porter's a feisty one today."  If only she knew he was everyday:).

He of course had to sit on Sophie's lap who was already sitting on Ash's.

This is David's week on service and the unit has been busy, so he has just been sleeping at the hospital.  When he does that, I usually let Porter sleep with me if he wants.  So, Sunday night I told him he could if he wanted.  Over and over he kept saying, "Thanks so much for inviting me.  I am so glad to sleep in your bed."  Then tonight I let him again and he said, "Thanks for sharing your bed with me mom."  Love him.

Porter loves the sand park (Laird Park), so we went again this week.

We are trying to get out and do more things.  I go crazy at home too long, especially if David is gone and we don't have a play date.  We ventured to the Tracy Aviary today.  This is Porter with an Andean Condor.   Interesting fact: it poops and pees on it's legs and feet to keep cool.  Yuck.

My little love bug.

These boys are such a joy.  I love that they can swing together.  Jonas always watches Porter.  Even when we are driving, I can see Jonas in the mirror lifting his head up trying to see Porter.

I knew these boys would fall asleep on our drive home.  Literally seconds before Porter fell asleep he said, "it's not bedtime". Unfortunately his eye rubbing gave him away.

Porter did not want his diaper on, so I told him that was fine, he just had to stay outside.  So, we set up the pool.

He decided to fish for goldfish.  

Jonas and I were entertained.

Porter must have decided his shirt was interfering with his fishing because that soon came off. And trucks were added to aid with the fishing efforts.

Then when he was done fishing, he decided he wanted to eat those soggy goldfish. He would come to me with each goldfish and ask if he could please eat it. When I said yes, he'd say, "Thanks mom."


We ended the night meeting friends for snow cones.  Yum!  We got ours with ice cream.  It was sticky and delicious.  We sure missed dad.  But we are trying lots of new things to share with him.













No comments: