Monday, August 6, 2012

Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta Go right now.

Running while pregnant has become a bit of a challenge.  And it's for one big reason only,  my bladder and bowels.  Unless the residents and store owners of Boston want their plants watered and/or fertilized, my runs have been restricted to the treadmill.  Who knew such a small thing could cause so much trouble!

Despite these troubles, on the day I hit 10 weeks, I wanted to see if I still had it in me to run further than the typical 5+ miles I'd been doing.  Sure enough, I pounded out 10 miles and it felt great.  I haven't done that since, but I'm hoping to get another long one in before my stomach and butt blow up :).  Every day I'm tired and I think I'll just skip my run for the day, I keep reminding myself that there may come a point during the pregnancy where I just can't run anymore.  This motivates me on MOST days.

By the way, if you didn't already know this, I am pregnant!  David and I are expecting our little one February 9th, 2013.  I am 13 weeks along.  Whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Whoo Hooo, still so excited. And beans lets face it, you had bladder problems well before your pregnancy. No excuses. There have been plenty of "Gina fertilizer" around the country.

Stephanie said...

I agree with Ashley. I was going to say how you had that same problem in college and you weren't pregnant then. :) And, you may be a little slower, but you can keep running during pregnancy as long as you aren't at risk for preterm labor. I did with all four of our kids. Congratulations again! I am enjoying catching up on your blog and seeing all the pregnancy pictures. You are adorable.