Last week I hurt my hamstring during a run. That stinks. We have a small gym at our complex with a few cardio machines, but the recumbent bike, the elliptical and even a walk outside on a beautiful day just don't compare to the sweat and burn of a good, hard run. I hardly break a sweat doing anything else and I must admit, I feel great satisfaction when I am sweaty and stinky. I'm on day 4 of no running, so I'm hoping by day 7 I'll be back at it.
I guess I'll have to quit the "getting old" jabs I take at David when he injures himself running.
I guess I'll have to quit the "getting old" jabs I take at David when he injures himself running.
1 comment:
So, I am sure you are running again by now, but if that happens again and you cannot run, but can do the elliptical then do some interval training on the elliptical. That will give you a little more of a workout and make up for some of the anxiety you feel wanting to get out and run again. I hope your hamstring is better, and stays that way!
Post a Comment