Thursday, July 21, 2011

Labor and Delivery

No, this post is not about my labor and delivery or a sly way of announcing I am pregnant. I actually started my clinical rotation in labor and delivery. My first day was incredible. I followed the NICU transport nurse and was lucky to see 3 c-sections. Some people don't get to see any, and in one day I saw 3. I could not believe my luck.

On the other hand, this women's health class may be putting a little damper on my desire to have kids. I don't know if they try to scare you or what, but I am not fond of all the changes that happen to the pregnant woman before or during labor. And now if I ever have to have a c-section I am going to have a clear visual image of what is happening on the other side of the curtain. Yikes! When they tell me that I am going to feel some tugging and pressure, I am going to know exactly what they are doing. Yikes again. A c-section is not a clean, delicate procedure. Although, I may prefer a c-section after I see a vaginal birth. I'll let you know what I decide after that happens. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Erica said...

lol. i think after getting married it gives other married friends w/ kiddos permission to tell birthing stories. hmmmm, i'd rather hear them once i'm pregnant! way to go w/ school lady!