
Today David's attending took us out to lunch for Dim Sum. He brought along his wife, and their 3 yr old son (CK), who happens to be well acquainted with Dim Sum and quickly pointed out all the items he wanted to eat as they were brought to the table. David's co-worker and her 3 yr old son (CM) also came. It became quite an entertaining meal as I soon found out that Dim Sum might not offer the greatest child friendly foods for a normal, first Dim Sum experiencing, picky eating 3 yr old. We decided to offer CM one of the blander, more american type dishes which he put in his mouth, chewed a bit, got bugged eyed and almost immediately expelled the contents of his mouth, by a gagging motion, onto the chair next to him. This behavior was exhibited several more times although the location of exit was never the same. Possibly he directed it at the floor next to him or his mother's hand, wherever he first spotted when the gagging sensation started. I must love to torture children, because with each episode, I was eager for him to try another dish. Once again I was brought to tears from laughing so hard. Finally he settled with a jello type dish with cut- up water chestnuts. Not super appetizing to me, but at last an item that could find it's way to his stomach!
And to top off the whole lunch, as we were leaving the restaurant, CM tickled CK. As he did this CK's mother said to CM, "Would you like to show him your monkey?" Then she quickly said, "Oh, that doesn't sound good." Of course she was talking about the monkey on his CK's shirt that was hidden by his hooded zipper jacket. None the less, it came right after CM had slipped on the sidewalk and landed on his butt, so I was already laughing and this comment sent me into another bit of hysterics.
I am so grateful for little kids. They brighten any experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment