Friday, May 1, 2009

Freshman Year Reunion and Time Out for Women



My best friend from college, Mames, called me up a couple of months ago to see if I wanted to go to Time Out for Women in Seattle. I had gone to one of these years ago in St. Louis and really enjoyed it, plus it was a good excuse to get to see Mames and go to Seattle. It ended up being a little mini Freshman year reunion. There happen to be 4 of us from Freshman year that live within a few hours of each other. It was so great to see Mames, Stephanie and Diane. Mames I have seen each other a couple of times over the years, but I had not seen Stephanie or Diane in years. I got to meet their husbands and their little kids.
Time Out for Women was great too. It was so spiritually rewarding. Elder Oaks' wife and daughter were both there as presenters. His wife is a doll. She is this tiny little thing. His daughter happens to be a phenomenal violinist. The music and the talks were so uplifting.
It was a great weekend. Thanks Mames and Steph for arranging it all!

1 comment:

Familia Bethers said...

I am really lovin' your new "do". You look great.